Friday, August 25, 2006

Opening The Convention

It is 7:30 PM and we're live on CPAC! We're on TV! 

The opening night is billed as a Tribute to Jim Harris.  We are getting a list of speakers.  Frank de Jong opened the night up and is the master of ceremonies.

Adrianne Carr on Jim:  "The best bloody fundraiser I've met in my life."

Steve Kisby was next, he looks a little stiff standing up there, reading his speech. I wonder if he's even read this thing before? This thing just keeps going on...   Steve on Jim: "He had this crazy idea to run 308 candidates."

David Chernushenko on Jim: "le grand fromage", "the ultimate opportunist", "he who cannot be denied".

Derek Pinto and David Kay.  Derek on Jim: "I've got Jim's blackberry right here."

Chris Walker: "I was a serious goof off."

Kim Warnke ran against Stephen Harper: "I got yelled at by strangers." "After you killed yourself for Jim, he presents you with a pin."

Jim Fannon "Are you freakin' crazy?"

Glen Hodgson "The hair probably couldn't of happened anyway." "He even impressed my mother."

Kevin Colton "...the second pin...at some point he must of run out pins, 'cause yesterday I saw him give out an umbrella."

Elizabeth May "I had a pin moment with Jim."

Jim then followed up with a great speech. I hope someone has some you tube action for this.  Let me know.

No comments: