Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Earl McRae

Earl McRae wrote a column a couple weeks ago that started:

"Dear Elizabeth May. Can I call you Liz? Betty? Bett?" Further along, I went for Betty May, saying: "Nice cool, catchy ring to it, Betty May, kind of like a southern rockabilly song of the '50s."


Elizabeth replied and Earl wrote a follow-up column that you can find here:
http://ottsun.canoe.ca/News/Columnists/McRae_Earl/2006/09/13/1833288.html

It ends up with:
11. Pit bulls. Would you ban them nationally or not?

"Earl, is this a trick question? Lastly, as a parting gift, you -- and only you -- can call me 'Betty' if it means a lot to you."

It means a lot to me, Betty. Thank you. But, geez, I still think you should go nationally with that cool, rockin', funky, voter-appealing Betty May.


Read the whole article for a summary of where Elizabeth and the Green Party stand on the questions raised by Earl.

No comments: